An Artistic Monologue

Right-brained, right-winger at work.... Creativity. Yeah, that's my thing.

I work in any medium I can get my hands on: Keyboard (writing), Paper (from drawing & painting, to Origami), yarn (crocheting), camera (photography), computer (digital art, rendering, etc). Yeah, right brained...most definitely.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Terragen

As indicated recently, in the past several years, quite a few others have stepped into the environement rendering arena...a few have even entered the public domain such that you don't need to shell out hundreds of dollars to use them (as a dabbler, rather than a professional user, I'm not prepared to pay for a professional license).

Although scaled back from the commercial-use product, Terragen is fun to play with. As a romantic at heart, it's no surprise that I have an apprication and love of sunrises and sunsets, so much so that it is what I've elected to do here. These two renderings are of the same scene, one with cloud layers, the other without.

Late Afternoon (Terragen render without cloud layer)
Late Afternoon (Terragen render with cloud layer)





No comments:

Post a Comment