An Artistic Monologue

Right-brained, right-winger at work.... Creativity. Yeah, that's my thing.

I work in any medium I can get my hands on: Keyboard (writing), Paper (from drawing & painting, to Origami), yarn (crocheting), camera (photography), computer (digital art, rendering, etc). Yeah, right brained...most definitely.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Digital Doodling

I've been a fan of digital art for many years. There is great potential to do some truly awesome work if you know what you are doing. Knowledge coupled with good tools is a great thing. Unfortunately, I have not quite grasped the digital painting landscape yet.

 I have an iPad and some very good tools, but I have yet to master them. I see what they can do, just don't quite get it... yet. I will continue to work on them.

These are two rather simple "doodles" (well, one is a doodle, one is a sketch). There's something about faces that I've always felt compelled to draw (especially the eyes; Oh! the eyes I could show you that I drew in my high-school notebooks!).

So. With the tools at my disposal, I intend to continue to refine and perfect my digital finger painting (no pun intended...alright, the pun was intended). 

No comments:

Post a Comment