An Artistic Monologue

Right-brained, right-winger at work.... Creativity. Yeah, that's my thing.

I work in any medium I can get my hands on: Keyboard (writing), Paper (from drawing & painting, to Origami), yarn (crocheting), camera (photography), computer (digital art, rendering, etc). Yeah, right brained...most definitely.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Let Sleeping Oxen Lie

Okay. So the subject of this "project" item is taken from Noah Scalin's 365, use your pet as your inspiration. Simple enough...this time. Instead of attempting to draw or paint, I have opted the easier route (for me, anyway) of photography.

This pic is of my dog, Oscar, nicknamed, the Ox (ergo the title of this post). Considering he spends 23 hours of the 24 hour day sleeping, he's not difficult to take pictures of. Taking a good photo of him, now that requires a little bit of work. Without sounding too arrogant and pretentious, photography is all about lighting. I love that  I (of all people) was able to get it just right, with sunlight streaming and filtered through the Venetian blinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment