An Artistic Monologue

Right-brained, right-winger at work.... Creativity. Yeah, that's my thing.

I work in any medium I can get my hands on: Keyboard (writing), Paper (from drawing & painting, to Origami), yarn (crocheting), camera (photography), computer (digital art, rendering, etc). Yeah, right brained...most definitely.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Key Master

The Key Master is a little Amigurumi fella I crocheted. He took a couple days of on-off effort to complete.   For those unaware of what it is, Amigurumi is (defined as) "the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures".

I've been creating these little guys for a couple years now. My interest began when I was perusing a bookstore and came across Nelly Pailloux's book Crobots (Crochet Robots).  I asked my wife if she'd make a couple of these things for me but her response was for me to learn how to crochet.

So I did!

I found crocheting is not too arduous, not too difficult and very relaxing. I later followed up with Christen Haden's Creepy Cute Crochet (the book has Cthulhu and the Grim Reaper on the cover, lovingly crafted in yarn!)

Anyhoo, this little guy has been completed for a couple days now, but every time I think about taking a picture to post him, it's 5:30 in the morning (natural sunlight isn't so great at that hour, particularly when taking the pic with my phone). I'll have to work on getting a better picture taken and posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment